Saturday 15 March 2014

TATE BRITAIN

So the other day I popped into Central London for a shoot (separate post to come!!) anyway I realised that I've never in my life been to the Tate Britain. Or the Tate Modern for that matter but it was going to be closed by the time I got there so I didn't bother with that one. 

I saw some work from my favourite artists of all time and quite honestly I left not sure how I felt. Does that make sense? The works of Francis Bacon have intrigued me for as long as I've known of his work, and to see them there in front of my face. I can't even explain it. 
Also fell in love with another painting by John Martin, 'The Great Day of his Wrath'. I loved the colours and it depicts the passage, 

"there was a great earthquake and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair and the moon became as blood. And the heaven departed as a scroll... and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.” 






































No comments:

Post a Comment